Apple Pie update

I made an apple pie for my family on Monday, using mostly Jonagold apples plus a couple Gala. Sliced the apples very thinly. They sat with sugar while I rolled out the pie crust, which wasn’t a very long time – but some juices did come out. After I put the top crust on the pie I pressed it down to make sure there wasn’t any air space.  The pie turned out great – there was no space between the crust and the filling. So far I’d have to conclude that thinly slicing the apples is the solution to my problem, but I think more than one test is in order. My poor family! They will just have to be guinea pigs a few more times.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s